I got a new book a while ago which looked to have lots of great recipes for lovely treats such as cookies, cupcakes and brownies in it. I tried a couple out and was quite dissappointed with the results.
So it was back to the internet to find something yummy that actually works. I found these chocolate cookies!
They are quite soft and chewy, like a brownie-cookie. I love brownies so thats a great combo for me!
Also no eggs in these, but they do have yogurt. I suppose they are low fat, still plenty of sugar though.
This recipe makes 12 good size cookies.
1 cup Self-raising flour (or plain with 1/4tsp bicarb)
good pinch of salt
4 tbsp butter/marg
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
7 tbsp cocoa powder
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to about 180°c (350°f). Line two trays with baking paper or whatever you normally use.
- Measure out the flour and salt and chocolate chips into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- Add the sugars, cocoa and vanilla to the butter and mix up to form a sandy goo. Add the yogurt and mix it in.
- Add the chocolate gloop into the flour and mix until combined.
- Use a spoon to make six blobs of mixture on each tray, make sure they are quite far apart.
- Pop them in the oven for about 10-12mins (depending on your oven)
- After 8 minutes mine looked really puffed up so I squished them down a bit with a fork them left them for another 2 minutes.
- Let them cool for a bit on the tray.
- Even better the next day, just like brownies.
- nom nom nom
I found this recipe over here The Little Chef (no, not that Little Chef another one) who in turn found them here Orangette.
Wherever they came from orignally they officially rock!